Followers

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Lily's QuiltsHappy April 1st, and Palm Sunday

Today I'm linking in with Lilly's Quilts Small Blog Meet and Fresh Sewing Day.

Welcome to those of you who are visiting for the first time.  Meeting other quilters around the world is the best part of blogging.  I look forward to visiting your sites later today.  In the mean time feel free to look around a bit and leave me a message or two.

 I'm not keen on keeping lists of things that I haven't finished, it is too depressing, but looking back on things that I have accomplished is another story.

Lily's QuiltsPersonal finishes for the month of March are plentiful.  I had a great time making gifts and experimenting with different ideas.

I've included finished throws, minis, tops, and blocks in my mosaic...as well as the bouquet of flowers signifying the completion of 25 years of marriage.  It is a bigger deal than the quilts.



Finishes for Tops to Treasures included 6 quilts, two of them nearly identical....but look closely, they are very different.  I had a great time quilting for friends old and new...and it allowed me to make all of the stuff in the first mosaic.  How awesome is that?!


This is a better picture of the quilt my Mom gave us for our anniversary.  Still not a great picture, but you get a better idea of it.

And, because the friends you make along the way are the funnest part of quilting, these are quilts from the friends I made in March.  To Nicky, Karen, and Anne-Marie - Thank you again.  I am thrilled to have your work around me each day, inspiring creativity.

8 comments:

Nicky said...

Aw thanks Cindy but I think I am the winner here! It is the best bit about blogging making friends I would otherwise never meet!

Nadine said...

I second that, I love the *virtual mingling* aspect of blogging. there is such a huge community out there and we can all inspire and help each other. Nice to meet you.

Collette said...

hey lovely to meet you and love those flowers 25 years of marriage! wow we are ten years this year!

Dianna said...

Your quilts are amazing!

Beth said...

Stopping by via Lily's Quilts. Everything looks great - love the little embroidery.

Heidi Staples said...

Such pretty, pretty things you've made this month. Beautiful work!!

Anonymous said...

you have so much gorgeous stuff in those pictures. You are definitely a busy lady with more great stuff to come in April!

Lynne said...

I'm eighteen days late but happy birthday anyway! I was away at a fantastic "Healing Through Creativity" retreat that weekend. You can read my post about one breakthrough this coming Monday.