Followers

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter...

How deep the Father's love for us,

How vast beyond all measure

That He should give His only Son

To make a wretch His treasure


How great the pain of searing loss,

The Father turns His face away

As wounds which mar the chosen One,

Bring many sons to glory


Behold the Man upon a cross,

My sin upon His shoulders

Ashamed I hear my mocking voice,

Call out among the scoffers


It was my sin that left Him there

Until it was accomplished

His dying breath has brought me life

I know that it is finished


I will not boast in anything

No gifts, no power, no wisdom

But I will boast in Jesus Christ

His death and resurrection


Why should I gain from His reward?

I cannot give an answer

But this I know with all my heart

His wounds have paid my ransom


By Stuart Townend



Jesus Christ is not on the cross.

He is not in the tomb, or buried in the ground.


He is Risen!


And seated at the right hand of God the Father

Interceding for us....all of us who accept his free gift.


May this Easter find you with friends and family, secure in the love of Christ.