Followers

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Slow going....

I did very little but play yesterday....it was great.

I did manage to cut out one of my Patchwork Party blocks.

Remember these? I cut out one block using the Marti Michell templates. There were 65 pieces. It took me about an hour and a half.

The rest of the day was spent eating giant Smash Burgers; buying a new I-phone (supposedly my birthday gift from my husband, but we both know it was because son #3 needed a new one and he wasn't going to get one unless he got my old one.). Today the second half of my gift came - a case from Quilt My Phone. Now Siri will stay nice and warm under an "antique" fan quilt.; eating ice cream from Marble Slab; and designing son #2's high school ring.

Today I must work.....

I've quilted for this customer before....before you pass judgement...she didn't like this quilt either. Those are her granddaughter's clothes. My friend may this quilt by special request.

There has been some speculation of late about making something really beautiful, something that those who inherit our work will be proud of. I'd wager that the owner of this quilt will be thrilled to have it - not because it is a work of art, but because it is a work from her Grandma's heart. Grandma made what was asked for, not what she wanted to make.

That takes a special kind of grace...the kind of grace that gets remembered long after our bones are dust.

6 comments:

Carla said...

I agree. The recipient will have many happy hours running her hands over those baby clothes. Nice quilting job too.

Sana Saroti said...

This is gonna be a nice memory-quilt!

Mary said...

well said!

Cindy Sharp said...

Thank you much.

Cindy Sharp said...

I sure hope so. Baby clothes are really soft. If nothing else it will be nice to pat it.

Highland Monkey's said...

I think it's a wonderful quilt. Wish I'd saved my kids baby clothes now! Good job on the quilting part.
65 pieces to cut for your quilt, you were quick it takes me forever. Thanks for visiting my blog.