Followers

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Whoooooop!

Oh happy day!

My boy will be headed home soon!

This is my oldest son. Noah. (I know, what kind of parent names their kid Noah? That is the sort of name that used to get kids beat up. I thought the same thing, until I met this little boy 19 1/2 years ago. From the moment I laid eyes on him he could be no one else. He wears it well.)

He is a freshman in college and attends school in a tiny town about 6 hours away. I haven't seen him since the end of December. He is studying to be an athletic trainer (you know the guys who tape ankles and torture athletes) and has been assigned to the girls basketball team. He spent his winter break traveling around the southwest with the team.

I understood that when basketball season is over he was being reassigned to baseball. (his very favorite game). I thought he would have to spend spring break traveling with the team. Yeah for him. Not so much yeah for me. (I can't believe how very much I miss my #1 pig boy. Yup that's right, it says "pig". I love my Noah, but he is severely challenged when it comes to organization.)

I got a text from him saying he is headed home next week. Blaaaaaaah! Coach says it is his roommates turn to give up a holiday. Eeeeeeeeeek!

I am so excited to see him that I don't even care that he will probably bring home a truck load of stinky clothes, spend his time visiting friends, and leave his junk strewn from pillar to post.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

I know I am reading this way too late and my comment is probably superfluous but as a mum who has been separated from her only child for three whole weeks I feel for you! I hope you had a wonderful time while he was at home.

And, in case you're wondering, we now have 21st century speed with our new ISP and I am catching up with all your posts from 29 February forward!