Followers

Monday, March 5, 2012

Squishy Mail!

So, I'm back from a wonderful weekend of retreating with my quilting friends.

I went with my wonderful Mom. We shared opposite sides of a table.

There were around 30 women there. All happily quilting and visiting.

 

And being entertained by frat boys and their guests. Tongues were wagging. (They spent the afternoon soaking in the hot tub, drinking beer, and visiting with pretty girls in bikinis)

I finished this top for my friend Jessica.

Got this top done to the point where I needed to add borders.

Got to see one of my Quilty Friend brain children completed. (Don't worry about the broken pinwheel. sue is going to fix it.)

AND I had packages waiting for me at home.

This wonderful mini arrived from Canada. My win in the Little Quilt:Sew, Vote, Swap. I love the clever use of selvedges to create what looks like turquoise thread.

And a package from Hancock's of Paducah containing yardage of Jack & Jenny....remember the Donkey quilt? Oh yeah. I'm going to make it.

And today I got another squishy package.

This one came from Kimberly, a.k.a. Bahamadawn.

"Oh Happy Day". Happy, quilty perfection!

The fabric on the back...and the extra bits in the package were all made in the Bahamas. They are lovely. As are the two big buttons, and the little glass one...that Kimberly made. I need to take a better picture, but believe me, it is remarkable.

 

3 comments:

Sana Saroti said...

Those wonky squares look great and lovely minis you got in the mail!

Mary said...

i LOVE that Stitched in Color quilt...it's perfection!

Lynne said...

Wow! Such quilty goodness. I really like the mini from Kimberley.