Followers

Monday, March 12, 2012

Ta-done!

It was a lovely weekend full of finishes....made sweeter because they are all original patterns.

First finish - a bed sized quilt started at the retreat last weekend. I made this for the older sister of my boys best friends. My two oldest sons have been best friends with brothers since they were little. The brothers each got a quilt when they turned 16. Their big sister teasingly asked to be a member of the quilt club.

I so seldom get asked to make a quilt, especially one for a girl, that I couldn't resist.

I delivered it to her Sunday morning.

I just have to say....I love, love, love giving good presents. It is the best thing ever. Jessica and her folks were thrilled.

Second finish -

I've named it "In & Out" because of the optical illusion that the sashing makes. I made it with a charm pack of "A Stitch in Color" and some yardage of Kona black and white.

I am totally taken by the bold graphic nature of this little quilt. It is fresh and clean and loads of fun. The pattern is my own design and inspired by the fabric. I wanted to show off the wonderful patterns and colors in the line.

I quilted it in "Fairy Wings" by Anne Bright with King Tut "Cleopatra" thread.

Third finish -

A large-ish mini based on a soon to be posted Quilty Friends block. QF Friendship Stars will be offered as the block of the month pattern on Quilty Friends during the month of April.

And one more photo of my boy. Ben is the youngest of my boys. He is 13 1/2 and full of fun. I had to tear him away from a lovely cinnamon roll and spring break laziness to take these pictures. I don't think he realized that he was in them....I was taking pictures of the quilts. He, he, he. He hates to have his picture taken.

 

3 comments:

Mary said...

They are all really pretty but I LOVE LOVE LOVE that In and Out quilt! The fabric fits perfectly and I love the little overlappy illusion.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

All of these are fantastic! I especially like the bottom picture of your son and the friendship star quilt. You are a very talented designer :)

Lynne said...

Wow! You are so fast. You made Jessica's quilt from scratch at the retreat - again I say "wow"!