Followers

Monday, March 26, 2012

Farmers Wife in Your Life

Have you been over to Love Affair with My Brother? Sunni came up with a great idea to encourage all of the would be Farmer's Wives. You don't have to make one of each block in the book. You can use just one block. AND it doesn't even have to be a quilt when you are done with it. Go check out the possibilities.

Farmer's Wife in Your Life

She is also hosting a contest with fantastic fabric prizes from The Fat Quarter Shop and The Intrepid Thread.

I couldn't pass up the opportunity....so this is my entry.

Made in August of last year, I created this mini for DSQ11. It is based on A Century of Progress, the block on page 18 of The Farmer's Wife book.
For inspirations sake, I went through a few drawings before I settled on this setting. Check out what else this block can do....
Wile trying to figure out what I was doing I also made this lovey for my STUD partner.
I hope you've been inspired. Go check out the other entrants.

Farmer's Wife in Your Life

1 comment:

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Amazing all those possibilities from the one block. I think I prefer fw blocks alone to the whole sampler quilt idea :)