Followers

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Selvedging Sunday

I spent my Sunday afternoon playing in my selvedge stash.


I am working on a project for yet another swap.  This time it is with a group on Flickr that calls itself Fab Little Quilt Swap.  It has a very impressive group of quilters in it's membership.  I'm thrilled to be a part of it.

I have a couple of inspiration mosaics from my partner and a list of likes and dislikes.  From that, I am to make a mini just for her.  (Yup, my partner is a girl.  Don't tell!)

Here are some mid-progress photos....

On the design wall, when I realized that my blocks were way, way to big.


They were supposed to be about 6" square.  They ended up about 12" square.  Hmmm.  I may have a giant selvedge flower hanging on my wall in the near future.



My helper, darling DH, a.k.a. The Giant Flower Monster, flashing me a monstery grin.  This is such a fun picture.  He didn't want me to share it.  Too bad.


The finished top in the afternoon sunlight.  My plan for the mini has some dead give away applique to be added at this point.  I'll give you a hint...my working title is "Sniff!"

I like how it is turning out...am still not convinced that my partner will be.  I will probably make one more trial mini before I settle on which one to send.


Okay - I wrote this post on my iPad.  Then the thing wouldn't up load and I got distracted by other things.  This little rainbow birdie quilt is another idea for my partner.  This one is really growing on me.

3 comments:

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Love the selvedge flower + cool DH picture. It reminds me of those models at the seaside where you stand behind them and look through!

Lynne said...

I love them both!

Did you design and draw the birds? They are so cute!

Annie said...

I love anything with selvages! Silly husband...hahaha