Followers

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Oh the things one discovers....


Did you know that you can download jpgs of fabric patterns?!

Remember me telling you about making quilts for my son's best friends?  They both had birthdays back in late November/early December.  I made each of them a quilt using half square triangles....really big half square triangles.  It was a wonderfully successful experiment.  Each boy, and his respective family, loved his gift.  One of the boys has an older brother who happens to be my oldest son's best friend.  (It has been a lot of fun over the years trading boys with this family.)  Any who.....these two boys, whom I love dearly, have an older sister.  One day in December we saw their daddy in church (not unusual since he is the pastor) and he confided in us that his daughter saw her little brothers with their quilts and sighed, wishing that, "The Sharp's had a daughter that was my age.  Then Mrs. Sharp would make me a quilt."

LOL  I am done having babies, and even if I wasn't Jess is 22 years old and I doubt that she would be best friends with my little girl now....if I had a little girl...which is highly unlikely...but I'm not done making quilts.  How I would love to make a quilt for her.

Soooooo I asked her to describe the quilt I would make her, if I did make her one.  She told me....something bright-ish with flowers and amazing quilting.  That narrowed down the field a bit.  (sarcasm) She also told me that her favorite colors are blue and purple.

Back to the Hancock's of Paducah catalogue I went....such a terrible thing to have to do....and I got...nothin'.  Really, I didn't find a thing that seemed fresh and girly and blue and purple.  Then I remembered reading about Kate Spane's "Good Fortune".  (I can't believe it isn't in Hancock's catalogue.  Gosh!)

I went to Moda's site  to look for images and discovered that I could download the whole collection in the click of a button.  Bazinga!  How cool is that?! 





I stuck these images in my EQ7, along with a bunch of others, played around with it for an hour or so while I talked to my Mom on the phone, and came up with this pattern.


It looks easy enough.  The blocks measure 12" finished.  I bet it would be as easy as half square triangles.

What do you think?

1 comment:

Lynne said...

A lovely pattern that looks complex but is simple enough for some very clever quilting!