Followers

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Playing with Pips

These fabrics are adorable. I had to have a charm pack....but hadn't a clue what I was going to do with it.

Saw a quilt in the new Keepsake Quilting catalogue that I had to figure out. It is called "Motion Comotion". What interested me was the appearance of curved edges that are a different color than then fabrics they lie next to.

I quilted it today. I used two blocks from Anne Bright's Luna collection. I used pale grey thread on the pale sections and raspberry variegated on the dark sections. I like it!

The quilting shows up particularly well on the back, which is turquoise, not green.

I can't say as yet if I would do it again....but I do like the results.

2 comments:

Toni said...

That is such a neat quilt design! Your quilting is amazing!

Joanna @ ShapeMoth said...

Quilting as always perfect! Are those two sided grey/red half squares sewn on thop of the background light coloured squares? Or am I wrong? The pattern looks really cool.