Followers

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Quilt Plano 2011...part 1

Plano, Texas is just around the corner from where I live. One of my brothers lives there. My doctor's office is there. It is a big town with many attractions. Every other year the biggest attrition for me is the quilt show!

Mom and I went last Friday. These are the things that I had to share with my Quilty friends....

I came around a corner and was greater by this handsome fellow. Ferdinand! I had to take him, or rather his picture, home with me. What a beautiful quilt.

I stepped closer to read the blurb from the owner....and discovered that the red ribbon wasn't there by accident. Look at the quilting!

Next up...a portrate quilt. I can remember playing games like the one described here. Imagine being the little girl and seeing yourself in the quilt.

This quilt was made by a friend of mine. I cannot fathom making a quilt of this size from such tiny pieces.

The quilting drew me to the next one...later I noticed the flying geese and thought of my on-line friends.

I am a mother to three boys. I blame my like of youthful designs on them, but the truth is I belong in Neverland. I don't think I am going to grow up any time soon.

Another amazing quilt featuring flying geese...

Oh my gosh...He has scales! Look at the prairie points!!

Did I mention that at heart I am really about 9 years old?

This quilt was made by my friend Kathy Bradbury of Bear Paw Quilting. She is the awesome lady that quilted my presidents quilt.

This one reminded me of the quilt Lynn of Lilysquilts recently showed us.

Wow!

TO BE CONTINUED....

4 comments:

Lynne said...

Wow! They are all awesome!

Sana Saroti said...

All of them are beautiful. My favorites are Ferdinand and Mariner's Choice. Almost all of them have rainbow colors and that's what I love!

Cindy said...

Oh my goodness! These quilts are BEAUTIFUL! Thank you so much for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Hi! thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, i love that amazing dragon quilt! In answer to your cupcake question, i think the pearliness was dues to the amount of sugar. I have been using vegan soy butter and it is very soft so to get really good swirls that stay put it needs lots (and i mean lots lol) of icing sugar. Also i think your right about the sock pig, as it happens i used to call my toes piggies as a young child! lol x