Followers

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sigh...where did my rant go?

I have three more weeks to get my DSQ11 mini made and mailed to my partner.
I've purchased the fabric;
Worked up the pattern;
And today my hand felt so much better that decided to give it a go.
It was all going along swimmingly.
My hand didn't hurt too much and Gilbert was helping me with the finger intense bits of ripping the paper seams out. What a mess it all makes. I almost have four blocks completed.
WHAT? But it lines up perfectly at the edges....no. EEEEK I drew that pattern wrong. CRAP. There is no way that I can salvage these bits by taking the stitching out.
What do you think? Can Sharpie save the day?
Of course, if I have to start over I'll have to go back to the quilt shop.
The thing that I really don't get is why am I not in tears? My hand is on fire and I'm not any closer to having the mini completed....and my kitty just skid across my leg. Ouch. I should be hysterical, but I can't even work myself into a good rant. Hmmmmm.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Internet hugs for the sore finger, giggles you can't' supply for the cat (You know you want to laugh really) And I'll invoke your name in my next quilting rant and I swear I'll make it a really good turning the air blue rant to make up for your lack of one :D

Lynne said...

I hope you find a satisfactory solution!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Hi, Thanks for visiting my blog. I've never machine quilted a quilt (hopefully one day soon!) so I'm extraordinarily impressed by long arm quilters. I'm coming over to follow you. Perhaps you'll rant another time? Perhaps life's too short? Whichever, I'm pleased to meet you and look forward to seeing where you go next with this and everything, Janine :)