Followers

Thursday, August 18, 2011

DQS11....quilting

My goal for today is to quilt and bind the quilt I've been working on for my partner.

The process is always a little bit scary. I want the quilting to complement the top but not take away from anything the top has to offer.

I asked the guys to help me choose the pattern and thread. They are really good at helping me to narrow down the choices. They liked Chloe3 by Kim Diamond....if I could make it do what I described to them. (They were justifiably sceptic.). AND they liked the idea of red thread. Noah was rooting for black thread, but I vetoed that one.

So good, so far.....

Now...I'm off to do the hand work....and eat lunch.

5 comments:

Toni said...

Cindy, that is beautiful! Your quilting is amazing! How long did it take?

Maria said...

I agree with Cindy, your quilting is lovely. Did you do all that in one day?

Sana Saroti said...

Looks Great! I would love to see a video of you quilting!

Amorette said...

this is beautiful! i love the quilting.

Lynne said...

Ooo, that quilting is not anything I would have thought of - amazing!