Followers

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Planning DSQ10 quilt


I've been stalking my partner on the Internet looking for ideas.  She has been very quiet, which makes my job a tad difficult, but I think I'm finally getting a feel for her.  (Thank you dear for posting some new pictures and an inspiration mosaic.)

My thought is to create a mini version of this quilt from the recent issue of Quilt magazine.  I don't think you can see it in the photo - these drunkard path blocks are raw edge appliqued.  The curved edges are frayed and fuzzy.  The straight edges are sewn into the seams.

I want to make it using a charm pack - maybe one of the ones on the left - and a solid background - not white.  Although, really white might look best with Fresh Flowers if I go that way.  Strawberry Fields and Sunkissed might be stunning with aqua or ash grey.

I need to make a decision soon, order the fabric and get sewing.   I'd love some input...what do you think?

No comments: