Followers

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

New Quilties in My Collection....

Happiness in a quilt....
I got the fabric I needed to finish my happy quilt. 

I added a 3 inch border of the black with white vine and bound it with my left over brights.  The quilt is circled by a rainbow.

The back is pieced using the orphan blocks from the front and two yards of the focus fabric. 


I absolutely love the focus fabric.  I could stare at it all day and still have a silly grin on my face.  If you want some it is called "Kaui Kids."  It comes in a couple of colorways.  Use your new on-line shopping skills to find it.  (That is what I had to do.)  Or you can try Little Mamas Fabric - that's where I found it - at www.littlemamasfabric.com.  They are located in Appling Georgia if you happen to live near by.



Swap Results....
I got my quilts from the most recent Flickr swaps.

My Favorite Little Quilt Swap is a blind swap that is done after the quilts are made.  In this one I made a quilt and sent a picture to the swap organizer.  It was then placed as an entry in the swap.   Once all of the quilts were completed members voted on their favorite quilts and were assigned a person to send  to.  The idea being that you would get one of your favorites from the group.


My entry - "Spring Birdies" - pictured to your left was fussy cut and hand quilted.  Yeah, the picture is terrible.  You can get a better look at in on my Flickr photo stream.  http://www.flickr.com/photos/tops_to_treasures/5211626357/in/photostream/  It flew away to Sweden, hopefully with a bit of spring tucked in the wrapper.


The quilt I received is "Ripples" by Yvonne Fordham of Bristol, England.  I love the bright colors, but the real attraction for me was her creative use of hexies and quilting.  She has set them up like a barrier reef and quilted a rippling tide around them.


If you look more closely you can even see some silvery fish sneaking through the wall.


S.T.U.D. or Swap 'til You Drop  This swap is fully disclosed.  You sign up and then are given a partner with similar tastes as your own.  In addition the administrators goal is to give you a partner that you have never swapped with.  I don't know how QuiltinKimmie does it.  I've been swapping with this group for more than a year now, often with two partners at a time, and Kimmie hasn't re matched me yet.

I received this quilt from Rachel Locke in Tupelo, Mississippi.


"Home is Where the Heart Is" is Rachel's interpretation of the theme, "Love, love, love."

I love the way the heart can move around the quilt, but always comes back home.  Isn't that just how life is?

1 comment:

Cyndi said...

Such a cute house, and what a nice concept of the moving heart. I just discovered liberated quilting and am making houses to represent all the ones my husband and I have lived in (14). See you on STUD!