Followers

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Hello again...I've missed you

Hello again, I'm just back from a nice 4 day weekend.

Days 1, 2, and 3
The first 3 days I spent at a quilters retreat with the Frisco Quilt Guild and my Mom.  It is a treasure to be able to share a few days with someone you love who loves the same things you do.  I don't know if we got a lot accomplished quilt wise...but here are a few of the things that we worked on.


Wonky Safari - after the border this will be 33x43

Baby Quilts
I don't know about your town, but mine is having a baby boom-let.  These are to welcome some of the new little ones:

Old School Baby - finished size 33x33


Fire Dogs - finished size 33x33
STUD
That would be "Swap 'Til You Drop".  I'm making two minis, that is I have two partners this go round.  I worked on the quilt for "Crazy Poodle Girl."  (Flossieblossoms quilt was ready to be put together, I just didn't have the right tools with me at the retreat.  I should get to it later this week.)

Brain Fodder -  I was fanning a spark of an idea into existence.

Shameless Teaser!

Then I posted the above photo - a mid/progress close up shot - just to tweak my partner.


She retaliated... My jaw hit the floor.  It's my kitty!!!!!  >^..^<

Mom finished this:

Folded Fabric Table Runner
It was quite a traffic stopper in our corner of the work room.  Every one loved the beautiful "cathedral window" type folds in these flowers.

Outer block of runner

Inner block of runner
Next stop for this on is my quilt machine.  Any suggestions?

Day 4
The last day I spent with my dear husband, Gilbert.  We spent the day doing nothing in particular, but totally together.  We celebrated 24 years of marriage.  We both know that neither of us is the brains behind this union.  Only God could have pulled it off....proof that He still does miracles.  I don't think I would want to be anywhere but where I am right now.

Today
Now I'm catching up on all of the things that didn't get done while I was elsewhere. 

Three loads down and six to go...

Proof that no one starved!


No comments: