Followers

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go,.....

FQG Round Robin
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go,.....

Who'd a thunk it!  I got this one done and out of the way three weeks early?!  AND it feels fantastic.  This is the best I've felt in months.

The top came to me completed out to the pinwheels.  I added the big yellow and reds triangles.  I'm loving the way the yellow calmed down the oranges and made them play more nicely with the reds.  I'm going to say that's what did it....although it might just be I've gotten more used to the colors.

I like the open spaces and the way the stars are popping now.  I have no idea what should come next.  That is the job of the next person in line for this Round Robin, although I could easily see some applique in the yellow bits, or more pinwheels somewhere down the line.

Whoa!  Didn't see that before.  I went to get my printer ink - the UPS man just left it at the front door - came back and the pin wheel at the center of the quilt is popping out at me now.  Ya, I'm thinking some red and white pinwheels might be in order.


My Winnings...
Check this out - Last week I won the block of the month drawing at our local guild meeting. 


I have 15 of these pretty red and pink 12" blocks. 


I'm not sure yet what I am going to do with them.  They do look pretty cool all together.  I would have to make a few more blocks to make the quilt big enough for an adult to use....then again in a house filled with men, who is going to use a red and pink quilt?  Maybe I could split the blocks up and make two smaller quilts.  I could add some shashing - maybe some pale pink between the blocks - and create another secondary pattern.....the possibilities are endless.

What would you do?

No comments: