I am so far behind that I am chasing my tail. Several weeks ago my sweet blogging friend Lynne sent me the lovely Liebster. I am just now doing my part.
Here are the rules:
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions that the nominator set for you
- Create 11 questions for the people you nominate
- Choose 11 blogs with less than 200 followers and link them in your post.
Today I will respond to the first two items on the "rules" list.
11 Random Things about Cindy
- I turn 50 in April (Oh my gosh - how did that happen?!)
- I am left handed, but can write equally well with either hand.
- My natural bent is toward the silly side.
- I love the sound of birds singing outside my windows.
- I used to have long dark hair. Now I have long dark hair that is streaked with grey. (I have the mark of the skunk!)
- I have no tattoos - nor do I plan to get any.
- I spent many, many years studying piano, and was a TA in the music department in college.
- I was made in Massachusetts - but didn't live there long enough to learn how to spell it.
- I like blue cheese.
- I don't have a favorite color - I have a favorite spectrum - bright!
- My first car was a 1986 Honda Accord hatchback
My answers to Lynne's 11 questions
- Where were you when Armstrong walked on the moon? First I'd have to know when he walked on the moon....Siri says....July 20, 1969 22:56:15 EDT....I remember watching it on the TV in my grandparents living room....but I was probably sleeping when it actually happened.
- What colours in decorating, fashion or stitching do you remember without hesitation? Honestly, I've never paid much attention to fashion.
- What was your favourite childhood toy? When I was a kid my favorite "toy" was an old upright piano. I spent hours alone in the basement playing it. It was probably my best friend.
- Name one song that you can sing from beginning to end. "Away in the Manger" I used to sing it to my baby because it was the only song I could remember all of the words to.
- Name one advertising jingle from your pre-adult days that you remember clearly (and then tell me music has no power!) How about the theme song to the Banana Spits? I don't remember any advertising jingles....probably would if you sang one to me though.
- When did you get your first computer? 1990ish. I remember playing Space Quest on it with my husband in the spare bed room of our first house.
- When did you start blogging and why? 1/20/2011 I'm not sure why, but I am glad I did.
- How many UFOs/WIPs can you name right now? 8 or 9, but it isn't polite to count.
- What makes you laugh? My cats, and a beautiful sunny spring day.
- What's the first thing you think of when you hear/read the word "Australia"? The movie with Hugh Jackman in it quickly followed by the awesome friends I have made there via blogging.
- What's for dinner? Who's cooking? I have no idea what is for dinner...but I am pretty sure my husband will be cooking it.
The other two items on the rules list are for another day.