Monday, March 4, 2013

Goodness Gracious...

...what a weekend.

I spent the last three days at a quilt retreat at beautiful lake Texoma's Tanglewood Resort.  Wow.  I think I would love to live there if I could figure out how to pay the bills that far from the city.

I got three quilts tackled...two of them need borders...which will require some shopping (oh darn).  Wanna see?  These are the pictures I took while at retreat - the color quality is pretty don't mind do you..
My retreat finish.
This was my first project.  It measures 54 x 64 and is made from 42, 9 1/2" squares of muslin with selvedge edges layered on top like shingles.  I love the way it looks, but think it a border so plan to make it a bit bigger as soon as I can go shopping and then get back to the project.

Retreat finish #2
Project # 2 - I finished the top from Heather Spence's Fall Mystery Quilt.  Yeah!  I love these happy fabrics.  It is now on it's way to the quilter.  (That would be I am kind of busy so it may be a little while before this gets the big Ta-done!)

Retreat Finish #3

Project #3 - Garden Steps by Clover & Violet, August 2012.  Yeah!  I have all of my blocks finished and put together, but think it needs a nice dark border to finish it well.  Darn - another reason to go shopping!

Retreat finish #4
The last thing I worked on was a mini - or blocks for one.  It is going to have 9 crazy hats on it!  Gotta say I am loving this project.
Today, while I am digging out from underneath all that was done and not done over the weekend, I am waiting for a special express package to get here from Moda.  I've been asked to help with with a project.  I have mixed emotions about it...but I think it is going to be fun.  You will have to wait to see it though - I can tell you that it has something to do with Julie Comstock and American Patchwork Quilting.


Canadian Abroad said...

You were productive over your retreat weekend!! Lovely sewing going on.

Patti said...

Looks like you had a great week-end, Cindy!

Janine said...

Did you sleep at all? These are all wonderful. I especially like the garden steps :)

Sarah Huechteman said...

Can't wait to see your "secret" project! Love these too!

Newbie Jen said...

goodness gracious, indeed! I love all these projects. I don't know how you got it all done in one weekend.

Lynne said...

Wow! You were really productive, weren't you?