Followers

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Oh happy day

It is a cold, yes cold, and rainy saturday in my neck of the woods. This doesn't happen very often. I have on my very favorite clothes (read, jeans and a hoodie). My family, those that are home, are all happily pursuing their own interests. The kitties are all in one nice warm purry pile. The dogs are snoozing on the old couch. Life is good.

Remember my stack of circles?

They turned into a stack of blocks.

That got sewn into a nice top.

That is now being quilted.

In a really cool custom pattern, even though this customer is typically a bad payer!

I tried to get a photo of the quilting in the nine-patch blocks, but it doesn't show up very well. This is a photo of the design as it looks on my computer....I can only work two rows at a time due to the size of the blocks.

With luck this will be ready to bind by the time Dr. Who comes on tonight....although I think that is a rerun...hmmmm....maybe a movie then.

Hope you are having a great weekend. God's blessings on you and yours.....especially my friends in Canada as they are celebrating Thanksgiving with their friends and families.

10 comments:

Gale, Ky quilter said...

Beautiful quilt! I love this cold weather, too! Have a great evening. :)

carol fun said...

Very cool quilt and quilting! Love the graphic quality. It is a cold one here today and I'm happily tucked away in my family room - stitching and watching college football with my son. A good day!

Mina said...

Lovely quilt. I wish you could send us some cold weather to Texas.

Carla said...

This is gorgeous Cindy! Very cool blocks. Love how you used the pezzy

Canadian Abroad said...

Love your design - quilt and quilting.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Such a beautiful quilt - love the design and the fun bright fabrics!

Fabric Warrior (aka Amie) said...

That quilt is so beautiful! I LOVE the bright colors. Great job as usual. : )

Kelsey said...

LOVE this quilt~!!

MEG BAIER said...

adorable!!! love the choice of fabrics, design and quilting!! lucky mr who!!!

Mary said...

I love this quilt. Is this called Ham and eggs or bean and cornbread or something like that??? I am talking about the circular block. Is this pieced or needle turned?

I didn't know you like Dr. Who! I like it, too. David Tennant is the best doctor!