Followers

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Happy Birthday Dad!

 
 
Isn't he handsome?!  He reminds me a little of Sean Connery.  This is my daddy.  He was a sweet, sweet man who loved the out of doors.  He designed camps for a living, first for the Girl Scouts, then for the Boy Scouts.  I dont' think there is a lovely spot in North America that he didn't know about and enjoy visiting either in person or in memory.  That made him an instant friend to just about everyone.  He knew your favorite vacation spot...intimately. 
 
 
Every little girl loves her daddy....I'm no exception.  I loved mine dearly, still do.  He also happened to be my friend.  I liked mine immensely and look forward to the day when we will be reunited.  I'm sure he is scoping out heaven at this very moment....sitting on the edge of the Chrystal Sea swapping fish stories with the 12, and loving his Lord.
 
Today he would have been 78.  Happy Birthday Dad!  Love you.
 
 


 
 
Birthdays call for presents!  This tiny stack of Cuzco is up for gifting.....  I had 51 comments.
 
With the help of Mrs. Glosser's Math Goodies  the winner has been selected. 

Enter a lower limit:
Enter an upper limit:

Random Number:


I love your new pattern and how the little squares shine against the grey background. I probably would make a table runner out of 9 patches. Thanks for offering such beautiful charms~!
 
Congratulations Deb, your goodies will be sent to you as soon as I have an address to send them to.
 
 
 

 

5 comments:

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Oh how exciting is this! Thank you so much Cindy... I promise to make something special in honor of your dad.

Jo said...

Congratulations Deb ... you are lucky !!

Canadian Abroad said...

Well done to Deb and what a lovely relationship you have with your father. How blessed you both were/are.

Lynne said...

What a lovely, honouring post!

Carla said...

Congrats Debbie. Cindy...I miss my Dad too. Perhaps they are visiting.......