Followers

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Bloggers Quilt Festival

Hello and welcome to my entry to the Blogger's Quilt Festival!  I am entry #456.

 
I've spent several days contemplating which quilt to enter.  I was flummoxed because it was beginning to feel like work.  Then I remembered how much fun I had making this quilt and decided to share it here.  From start to finish, I loved making this quilt.



It started when my dear husband decided that we need to replace our shabby dishes with a new set and chose Fiesta Ware.   I swear they are the first dishes I have ever owned that make me happy even when they are sitting dirty in the dishwasher.  I love, love, love seeing all of the colors together.

 
Then I saw this quilt being used in an advertisement as a table cloth under Fiesta Ware and showed it to my beloved.
 

 
We could have purchased a kit to make it...complete with instructions....but my husband is an computer engineer and wanted to figure it out himself.  So he made the pattern and I made the quilt.

 
The circles are all hand appliqued and the nine patches are pieced.


 
It took me about a month of steady work to get it finished...but in the end it was worth it.


 It makes me smile just as much as the dirty dishes do!
 
Blogger’s Quilt Festival Stats
Viva la Fiesta!
Finished quilt measures : 62″x 62″
Special techniques used : applique
Quilted by : Cindy @ Tops to Treasures
Best Category : Applique Quilt, Professionally Quilted, Throw, ROYGBIV
 

 

26 comments:

beth said...

Oooh! I LOVE this quilt!

CitricSugar said...

I really love this quilt - and the fact that it was a joint effort! Very cool.

Carla said...

Great teamwork! My hubby likes to figure patterns too. Your quilt is amazing. I am surprised at the number of entries. It's wonderful ; )

Eileen said...

Fantastic. How fun your sweetie was able to figure out the way to replicate it. Thanks for sharing and have a great day. How about a tutorial or quilt along?

Kelsey said...

LOVE it!!! Such a neat design with great colors :)

Joanna @ ShapeMoth said...

Oh my, the bocks with circles look amazing. The whole quilt looks amazing! Really, lots of work in it.

CathyH said...

What a great quilt! I love the motion the circles and the 9-patches make!

Patti said...

Cindy, you've made another beauty! I really like how the applique blocks stand out next to the nine patch. Your husband was right, and you make a great team!

Lindsey said...

that is a really cool quilt! I love it!

Mina said...

Wow, so bright and cheery!

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Great teamwork! Lovely to see it again x

Laura said...

This quilt looks very complicated. Congratulations on a great finish!

Irene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Irene said...

I love that design too! It looks so bright with all that colors... Y QUE SIGA LA FIESTA!

Pile O Fabric said...

This is a really cool design, well done!

Deb said...

I love hearing stories of how husbands get in on the quilting! (My husband likes to impress with his use of terms like "stitch in the ditch"!) Your quilt is gorgeous! Love the design!

pratima said...

Amazing! Beautiful colors and a great pattern! Quilting compliments it so well!

audrey said...

Beautiful! Very fun looking quilt.

Teje Karjalainen said...

Your quilt is beautiful! I love the pattern and how great that you made it with your hb! I would love to see the dishes! x Teje

Sandra said...

What a happy quilt- like that it was a group effort. It does look like Fiesta ware and love the robbing peter block variation with the double nine patch -- so fun.

Come see my entry #46 Batik Tulips
applique, hand quilt, wall hanging

Ellie Q said...

What a neat design!

Linda Beth said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Great work and I love that you and your husband worked together on it! No doubt y'all will enjoy it for ages.

tusen said...

It looks great! Congratulations on the team work, too :)

Fabric Warrior (aka Amie) said...

You know I LOVE this quilt. You did an amazing job with it!

Wendy said...

It's absolutely gorgeous! Awesome quilt.

Rehan Ahmed said...

aGet Facebook Likes on your fb page, likes on your facebook pictures, followers on your facebook id, shares of your facebook posts, every thing is available here, visit for more details
www.jobzcorner.com