Followers

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Pets on Quilts




Pets on Quilts
There is a different kind of quilt show going on over at Lily Pad Quilting.




Who hasn't had to fight their pet to get a good picture of their recently finished quilt,

or found it curled up on it?


In my home the critters seem to think that is the reason I make quilts....for them!


Padsworth has invited us to share those cozy moments with the world...and there are prizes! Why don't you join the fun.
Time to clean up your quiltin' room, partner?

There are also prizes for pet themed quilts.....


I made the quilt above for a guild challenge a couple of years ago. The theme was "Hearts and ----". This is "Hearts and Tails"


A few years later, I served as President for the same guild. As a thank you gift they made me this stunning signature quilt. (The signatures are on the yellow strips in the borders.). I love that my friends immortalized their pets on a quilt for me. It was so fun to learn each of the critters names and talk to the quilter who made them.



Many of you know me through swapping on Flickr. This mini was sent to me from Crazy Poodle Girl. It is such a perfect image of my kitty. I love it....especially the 3D parts.

But my favorite quilt featuring a pet has to be this one.


It was also made for me in a swap...by Pecks Pieces. She didn't know it at the time....but this little dog had recently passed away. I cried when I opened the package.  The quilt perfectly captures the spirit of our dear little friend.


Enjoy my pet parade? Go see the rest....but be sure to come back when the voting starts and cheer my critters on!

34 comments:

Agnes B. Bullock said...

Love your quilts!

carol fun said...

There are some fine looking furry friends at your house - they look great on your quilts! I need to get a glamour shot of my Big Dude, in his natural state -asleep! LOL

Dana Gaffney said...

Those quilts are wonderful, I can see why you really love the last one, someone did an amazing job.

Loris said...

This one is definitely special. What a sweet gift! I hope to make a picture quilt of my lab girls.

Missy Shay said...

Those are some great quilts!

Amorette said...

wow, those are amazing pet quilts! thank goodness for the talent of our friends! thanks for sharing.

Gene Black said...

Great work!

Needled Mom said...

What great pets and quilts! The last one is a real treasure.

Snoodles said...

I was smiling so big as I looked at your pets enjoying your creations - love the collage of pictures, too. Such a sweet story on the last one --- thanks for being with us at the party! So glad you joined us!

The Thimblemouse of Country Crossroads said...

Every picture is a treat, but especially love the sweet story at the end!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

The quilts are fantastic and the pets are so sweet............thanks for sharing them with us......

Carla said...

The black and white quilt depicting the dog is delightful!

quiltmom anna said...

Your Hearts and Tails quilt is fabulous- I have not yet made a dog quilt- perhaps one day. Your other ones are just gorgeous too with lots of fantastic detail. Thanks for sharing-
Regards from Western Canada,
Anna

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What a uniquely marked dag - captured beautifully. Wonderful works and thank you for sharing.

Marcia W. said...

Thanks for sharing your photo montage of pets on quilts.

Joanna said...

I love all of the quilts. Beautiful, and nice memories as well.

Mina said...

Oh those quilts are a beauty!

Marianne said...

Love all the quilts!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful work and what sweet pets!

Teresa F. said...

Your quilts are wonderful but the last one is something special. A great gift that I'm sure you treasure.

Michele T said...

Awesome quilts and amazing furry friends!!!

Christie describeHappy said...

Fun to see all your fur babies and the pet quilts!!

Rebeckah Austin said...

Love the siamese cat!

Sarcastic Quilter said...

What fun pet themed quilts! You are all over it. :)

hueisei said...

Love the quilts. Very creative.

Mhairi said...

Great quilts. Thanks for sharing.

Junebug613 said...

Wonderful quilts! How truly special is the gift of that quilt of your dog! Thank you for sharing!

heartsease54 said...

What a lovely story and a beautiful memorial to your wonderful dog.

Marjorie said...

Every one of your quilts is amazing - and the stories are very touching.

Lyndsey said...

I love the wonderful quilts

Pat said...

Lovely quilts, well done!!

Debi said...

What a great entry and a very clever way to lead up to it.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pics. Thanks for sharing and joining in the fun.

Unknown said...

Oh! Me LOVES your quilts! They is fabulishious!
Kisses
Nellie at the Cat From Hell