Followers

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

February in my rearview mirror

I can't believe the month is already drawing to a close.  2013 is 1/6th finished, and Spring is knocking on my door.  Tomorrow I am packing for a quilting retreat and doubt I will get a chance to sit and reflect, so you are getting my monthly review a day early.  I hope you are as delighted and surprised by these few accomplishments as I am. 

I got caught up with some of my bee blocks - these were for Star of Africa.

Tacky the Penguin went to NickyShe for her international children's book quilt;
Tacky finished!


the Rainbow Hare  is making a butterfly quilt;
Texas Butterfly


and Sana is making a "Home is Where the Heart is" quilt.
Home is Where The Heart Is...Texas


Now I am only a month and a half behind.  LOL

It was a good month for swapping too.  I finished three, all of them via Flickr.

"Playing with Posey" went to Angela Nussbaum in DSQ13.
 
Playing with Posy


"Birds on a Vine" went to xxxxx, well I can't tell you who it went to because she hasn't gotten it yet, but she will soon.  It was my make for FLiRTS.

Birds on a Vine


"Drifting Dresden's" was my contribution to Little Quilts - Sew, Vote, Swap

Drifting Dresdens


I received three amazing packages in return.

"Amazing Aspens" collection of goodies came to me from Dorylu via DSQ13.
 
All of it.


This stunning pillow and pouches came from BeachGirl Sews via FLiRTs

FLiRTS Received!


"Dresden Rising" came to me from Jyllybean via Little Quilts - Sew, Vote, Swap.

Little Quilt- Sew, Vote, Swap Received


And then there was work to be done...

 
Quilty Friends


Calendar Quilt


And a little play
Aspen Experiment
 
 


 

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Hope you enjoyed the retreat! That pillow is gorgeous and the sunflower amazing!