Followers

Friday, February 22, 2013

On the road again...

...not really, but that was all I could think of.

Remember these?
 
Awesome pincushions found on Pinterest!
 
I found the picture on Pinterest several months ago and have been looking for a suitable truck ever since.  Finding the perfect vehicle to carry your pins is harder than I thought it would be.
 
Last month, when we were celebrating my husbands 50th birthday, we went to McKinney Trade Days.  (Gilbert likes all of the food vendors.  You should have seen my boys when they figured out that Dad was going to stop at every one!)
 
He found this!
 
Tiny Wagon
 
  
It is a beautiful to scale model of an actual toy wagon.   There was a little card inside....let's see...
 
1935 American Airflow Coaster 
This streamlined design was much more than a wagon!  The original 1935 American Airflow Coaster was made of heavy sheet-style reinforced steel with a streamlined front and two electric headlights.  With its large tires and sturdy construction, it was laded with play value!  Just like the original, this Kiddie Car Classics accurate scale model includes rubber tires and a handle that turns the front wheels.
 
Tiny Wagon


Yup, those head lights work...well, they are are supposed to.  I don't actually have a battery to check it out. 

The bed measures 5" x 2 1/8" x 1/2".  All I need now is the cushion!! 

5 comments:

Carla said...

How darling is that! Your hubby will let you have it?

Celtic Thistle said...

Looks lovely Cindy, a pincushion with headlights now that is different!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Adorable! I wonder if I can find a yellow VW bug convertible top...

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

What a wonderful idea!

Lynne said...

What a cute idea!