Followers

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I said, "Boom chicka pop!"

Not much is going on in my corner of the world at the moment.  The sky is dull, grey, forbidding, and brings with it a chilly wind and nasty drizzly rain.  It would be easy to sleep the day away.

However, sitting in front of me, nestled safely between my arms as I type is a over sized coffee cup laden with snacking goodness.  Crisp golden kernels of pop corn with just the right touch of sweet and salty.  Hmmmm.  I have to say DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT.  You read this right.  Do not buy it...else I will not have enough of it for ME!!

 
 
Delicious I tell you...and it comes in an amazing evaporating bag.  Product seems to fly out of it way faster than you could possibly be eating it.  Maybe my cats have discovered it.
 
On other fronts....
 
I finished my FLiRTS gift.
 

 
Birds on a Vine

I went back and reexamined my partner's mosaic and decided that the more subtle border was called for. 

 
Birds on a Vine


This puppy is in the mail headed for it's new home.  It should be there by the end of the week.



I received a package from my DQS13 partner...
 

A cube of happiness!
One mailing cube of happiness!

I love the potential that is in a sealed box.  Until it is opened it could be anything.

 
First peek
 
This is what I found when I opened it.
 

All of it.
 
Oh yeah!  SCORE!! 
 
Aspen Awesomeness!

 I love this little quilt.  It was made for me by Phuong, aka Dorrylu.  She didn't know it when she made it, but it looks like the aspen trees I remember from my college days.  She took me back 30 years.  THANK YOU Phuong!!  I love it.
 
 
 
for now....
 


4 comments:

Dolly said...

Oh, that's the COOLEST little quiltie you received ! How neat !

There'll be another happy recipient at the end of YOUR mailout !

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

You seem to have much more exciting snacks than we have here! Love your flirts gift - beautiful. And what an exciting box :)

Canadian Abroad said...

I love popcorn! And I love that mini you got even more. How lovely!

Lynne said...

Sounds like things are good in your grey world!

Today is the fist day of autumn - we have had non-stop rain all day! Blah!