Followers

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Ta-done! My Wild Scrap Monster!

 
The back in the morning sun. Yummy blue corduroy with a pieced strip in the middle using up some blocks that were left over from the front.

A close up of the quilting. The pattern is called "Sticky Buns" by Anne Bright. See the sugar dripping off of the spirals! They could also be snails....if you sqinch your eyes up a bit.

 
My son was trying to help me...but he isn't quite tall enough to hold the quilt up. It measures 65"x 81" and has 40 monochromatic scrap log cabins in it. The alternating blocks are fussy cut from "Wild Things" by Julie Dobson Miner for Studio E.

 
The border print is a Timeless Treasures stripe from several years ago....it was part of a Dinosaur line. Can you see the spiky teeth now?!

My binding is all left over bits from other quilts. I keep a box of them, the bits, and used them for little projects. This time I sewed a bunch of them together to make a scrappy rainbow binding.

 
 
It is getting it's first wash as I write this. Good news - it didn't fall apart in the wash! Now it is tumbling in my over sized dryer.

All ready for the party over at Ellison Lane Quilts....


The party starts on November 13.

16 comments:

Canadian Abroad said...

You work seriously fast!! Great finish.

carol fun said...

Oh my goodness how I love this quilt! The colors, the scrappiness, the quilting - fun fun fun!

Hope said...

What a fun quilt. Love all the colour and the quirky border print. The quilting looks great. Love it all! :)

Lynne said...

It's fabulous and I love the quilting. As soon as I saw it, I thought "wow!"

Fabric Warrior (aka Amie) said...

This quilt is fabulous, and that border is great! So colorful and such pretty quilting. Great job!

Carla said...

Oh my heart. Lovely quilting! If I only had a long arm.......

Snoodles said...

Hi Cindy! That is one gorgeous quilt! Thanks for entering the giveaway over at Lilypadquilting!

Newbie Jen said...

I love it Cindy! Way to go!

Unknown said...

The bits of black really set it off! Well done!

Carla said...

Great finish Cindy. The sticky bun quilting is perfect!

Staci said...

Cute finish!

Melissa Loves Color said...

Your spirals are perfect!! Love the super bright colors!

SIMPLESEW said...

This must be my Fav, and I said on flicker, the print isnt me at all but the way you put it all together and all that heavy quilting, its fabulous

Cathy Tomm said...

Great finish. Neat idea to use a few fussy cut large blocks. I love those teeth.

lesleyworth said...

I am 100% in love with this quilt! love the "theme" and the quilting is divine!

Lynn said...

I saw this when I was following the qal on flickr, but didn't realize just how beautiful the quilting on it was until now. Just stunning! I love the quilt, so fun and happy. You really made this qal unique!