Followers

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Quilty Friends - Friendship Star Mini

Early Sunday morning I woke from a dream. I had been contemplating this mini in my sleep.
Sunday afternoon, I started working on it.
Monday afternoon I finished adding the outer border. It completes the finishing pinwheels.
Now, all I need is some backing material and it will be ready for quilting.
I have to say, I like this little fella.
The block is part of a series that I designed for my friend Kelli several years ago. The series is called Quilty Friends and revolves around the idea that blocks in a block of the month series should be easy and play well together. All of the blocks in this series. Have those funny bisected corners. If you make all of them with the same fabric, your blocks come together to make happy little pinwheels.
I've extended this series in my other blog....Quilty Friends. Every month I add a new block.
I've been saving the Friendship Star for May....it is my quilt guild's birthday month....the Friendship Star is our logo...you get the idea. You will have to wait until then to get a pattern for it. However, there are nine other patterns there now.
Why don't you grab your scraps and join us?!
 QG Logo

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Isn't it funny how we dream about what's on our minds? Last week I dreamt about quilts; last night I dreamt about family history!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

This is lovely - what a wonderful thing to dream a quilt and then make it! I tend to daydream quilts and not get them done :(