Followers

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Fab Little Quilt Swap


I spent yesterday working on creating this little quilt.  It is for my partner, no I can't tell you her name, in the Fab Little Quilt Swap.
I've now finished two of the three bits of embroidery.
I have a happy blue bird singing pink songs....
and a funny little red bird perched atop colorful eggs...
 and I am working on the third.
I love this cheeky penguin. I'm filling in his head with french knots....time consuming...but I like how it is turning out.
I'm thinking about making the' wing shadows a rainbow.  My thought - it would tie in the rainbow geese better and give this little guy more in common with the other birds.  I may also move him to the center of the quilt.  All of that black, he is a penguin after all, doesn't need to be stuck out on a corner.
Oooh, time for the Mom taxi to leave the station again.  Catch you later...

4 comments:

Lynne said...

So cute! My sister would love that penguin!

Sana Saroti said...

It's looking good already! I also thought that the penguin would look better in the center. I love the straw of the nest and the eggs!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

This is great. She'll love it!

Annie said...

What a cute little quilt this will be. Your stitching is beautiful!