Followers

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!!!!

 I absolutely love giving good gifts.  That is one of the things that I like most about Internet swapping.  However, I wouldn't be honest if I didn't admit that I love getting them too!

Yesterday I was on the receiving end of the Doll Quilt Swap.  As one of the swappers puts it, "Oh my giddy aunt!"  Of course I hoped that my package would come soon, but I never dreamed that it would be so soon.

I had to sit an stare at it for a few moments.  I had to savor the possibilities.  Before you open a package it could be anything.  I had to relish the moment.

The first thing I saw was this!

How cute is that?!  The contents of the mailer was wrapped up again with a large piece of red fabric - Oh Happy Daisey-  tied with a bit of lace (an instant hit with the closet girlie girl with in!) and tucked with a note on the back of a lady bug card.

I still had no idea which quilt had been sent to me.
 Layer two removed to reveal this scrumptious rainbow bubbles backing and happy pin cushion.

I still didn't remember seeing a quilt like this.  I didn't recall one that would remotely warrant a name like "CRASH".

What in the world could it be.








Eeeeek!  Oh my gosh,  oh my gosh, oh my gosh!!
It's my kitty!

I remember these cups.  I loved the bright colors and the idea, but I had no idea why someone would make cups for me.  I didn't give it a second thought.  I even knew that there was going to be a kitty in the quilt, but Jill never shared a picture of that part.  If she had I might of caught on.

Oh what a clever girl that Jill is.  She managed to make me a delightfully, colorful, and funny quilt with my very best friend on it.  And I never had a clue.
 My sweat kitty was totally thrilled to see himself immortalized in fabric.  He wouldn't leave me alone to examine the gift.  He was in my face, on my key board, purring, washing his face, patting my chin.  It was as if he knew exactly who that naughty kitty was supposed to be.

 Wrapped inside the quilt was another large piece of happy and colorful fabric.  Aren't those dots a hoot?

Two happy cuts of fabric, a yard or so of yummy lace, and a perky little pin cushion were all EXTRA goodies that my new friend sent me.

God never does anything in half measures.  He blesses me greatly every day...how especially He did through Jill and her precious package.
When all was said and done "CRASH" was hung on my kitchen/dinning room wall.  I can see it from almost all of the public spots in my house.  Each time I spy it I giggle all over again at it's humor, and my kitty, and this wonderful blessed swap.

I can't wait to share it with my friends in person.  They will never believe that this was made just for me by a swap partner in Canada.

Thank You God!!  & Thank you Jill!

3 comments:

Martha said...

that's wonderful! and yes now I fully understand the name of the quilt!

Karen said...

I just love that rainbow bubbles fabric! If anyone knows where I can get some please let me know. And the cats, both real and fabric, are just gorgeous! :o)

bluecalicoquilt said...

I love that the block pattern across the bottom is called broken dishes