Followers

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Ta-da!



2010 Frisco Quilt Guild Mystery Quilt pieced by Cindy Sharp
  It has been a very long time in coming, and I still have to quilt the thing, but it feels very good to have this top completely finished.  I'm still in love with the fabrics.  They still excite the girly girl within.



A closer look at the border...

The beautiful stripe was directional in both directions...didn't see that one coming.  That is why the join in the center of my border isn't quite symmetric.  I don't mind though, I think it adds to the organic feel of the pattern.




A look at the corners....
 Again, the directional stripe creates a bit of a wonky corner.  I don't think it could have been helped.  There is some consolation in the thought that all of the corners are about the same.

Next job...piece the back and make the binding.  The back will be Lovebirds.  The binding is still up for debate.  I have enough green dots, orange, pink or brown to do it.  What do you think would look best?



Palet choices for binding....can't use the blue as it was used up in the inner border.
 I'm playing with the idea of quilting it in Anne Bright's "Luna" or "Growing Things" with green thread, although pale blue or light pink might be a sweeter option.   These choices however, will have to wait for another day.

No comments: