Followers

Friday, January 28, 2011

Some days are just like that...

"The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get"  A Pa-ism.  My granddad used to say it.  I now know exactly what he meant.

I'm sitting at my work table, listening to Scottish folk music, with bits and scraps of three different projects scattered about.  I'm past due on three different round robin projects.  Normally, these thrill me.  I love the creative process.  I love the surprise of each successive round.  I love a challenge.  Today, and honestly for the past several months, I can't get my head around them.

I know these ladies.  They are fine with my slowness.  They are all patiently waiting and will be thrilled when they receive my little packages in the mail.  Yet, I am feeling closed in and hurried.  Not their fault. 

Some days there are just too many voices calling my name.  Unfinished projects, swap commitments, dirty laundry, house work, sick friends, sunshine, big fluffy pillows, there is a smorgasbord of opportunity waiting for me to set my course and dig in and I'm standing on the sidelines like a dear caught in the headlights.  I need to pick one project and stick with it.

Arggh........here goes nothing....I'll let you know how it goes....alright now....I pick........

No comments: