Followers

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

April in my rearview...

What a month it has been!

It started off with a quilting retreat...which I believe I already told you about.  You can read about it here.  While I was there I finished these tops.


April 2014 Retreat Finishes

I came home from retreat and got busy working on quilting for other people.  I quilted 12 tops this month.

April 2014 at Tops to Treasures

If you look closely you can see that one of them was even mine!

Star of Africa Block
This block arrived in time to help me celebrate!

I celebrated my birthday, Easter, and had a wonderful date night with my husband. We went to see "Casablanca" on the big screen.  I  had no idea a movie could get better just by tossing it in a projector.

I had another quilt pattern published on Moda Bake Shop


and got to see my work in a national publication.

Hot dawg. Made and quilted by me. Published in McCall's Quilting, May/June 2014

The quilt came home a few days later...and we rearranged the house to accommodate it.

And it has a new home...
The quilt in its new home.

Camera Roll-548
A panoramic view of my remodeled studio pre design wall 

In the process I got a design wall!!  Hot dawg!!

Camera Roll-568

AND I've already gotten to use it.

Camera Roll-571

May promises to be just as full.  I hope you had a wonderful month!

7 comments:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Oh Cindy, it was lovely to see all those fab tops, and the room. - I'm speechless with envy! It looks fab !!!

diane said...

Fantastic studio and love what's on the design wall. Hope to see more of it one day.

carol fun said...

WOW! Love all those quilts and your studio is wonderful! What a great place to be creative in. Can't wait to see what comes out of your studio in May. Hugs!

Lisa D. said...

You have had a busy month! I love your Ocean Waves quilt. It looks even better in it's real home than it did in the magazine.

Carla said...

Wow! You get so much done. Happy Quilting!

Newbie Jen said...

WOW. I am jealous of all you have done, and your fabulous studio.

Lynne said...

What a fabulous sewing space!