Followers

Monday, January 14, 2013

Doll Quilt Swap #13

Many of you know that I participate in the occasional on-line swap.  At the moment I am firmly committed to three...that is to say I have a partner and some sort of plan, even if it is just a due date.

This past weekend I worked on a mini for my Doll Quilt Swap partner.  I started with her list of likes and dislikes...  I'd quote her, but I wouldn't want the secret to be blown...let's just say she likes words, and saturated color.

Then I found a block that intrigued me on Pinterest.  (Anyone else addicted to this treasure trove of inspiration?)



And I started playing with it.
DSQ13.1



DSQ13.2


DSQ13

Next I had to see if I could actually make the block....
 
DSQ13 Test blocks

What do you know...it worked!

And choose a final layout.....
 
DQS13 idea #4


And a final color pallet....

 
Dsq13 fabric selection

Cut all of the pieces....

 
DSQ13

I finished piecing the smaller units on Sunday.

 
DQS13 progress

And am now nearly done piecing the center.

 
DQS13 progress
 
 
I'm actually a bit further than this.  I have only one long center row to finish.  However, I've run out of steam for the day.  (and I still have an hour or so of quiet before the boys get home from school.)
 
It suddenly dawned on me that I need to come up with a plan to quilt this puppy.  Any suggestions?

7 comments:

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

This is fab! I love those colours against the text background :)

Lynne said...

Wow! That looks amazing! I love your choice of colours!

Carla said...

Oh wow! All the different variations are cool.

Patti said...

great block Cindy, and I love what you did with it. Your partner will be thrilled.

Fran said...

That looks great! I'm sure your partner will love it. No help on the quilting ideas. :( I would struggle with that part too.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Oh gosh, that is fab! Yes I'm addicted o Pinterest too, so many ideas, so little time!

Zoe Lulu said...

Loove this