Followers

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Ouch

I can't believe I broke my finger while quilting. How crazy does that sound.

Much like a school girl jumping rope and getting smacked in the head when she misjudges the rotation, I got smacked by my long arm while picking threads off of a quilt top. See the marks on my finger? That is the shape of the hopper foot. It must have hit my hand as it came up.

Two days later my finger looked like this. As of that point it really didn't hurt much. The swelling was deadening the nerves. All of that has changed now.

After I got up off of the floor and eventually finished the customer quilt I was working on, I turned my attention back to this pretty little thing. I made it from two charm packs of Robin Pandolph's Things Desired and about two yards of back ground fabric. Thinking about a new baby coming into the world seemed to make my finger less twitchy.

I finished binding it today. I cant believe how awkward it is to sew without using my middle finger, nor how much stress that actually put on my middle finger.

All I have left to do is add a label. Did I mention that am left handed....hmmmm.

On the up side I've lost 3 more pounds since the incident. That brings me to a grand total of 45 pounds since I started dieting in June. It doesn't seem real. I wonder how many calories mending bones takes...

See the large woman to the right of the handsome lad in black? The one in a blue shirt whose arms look all puffy and pale? She doesn't live here any more.

I can put my arms down!

3 comments:

Sana Saroti said...

I'm so sorry about your finger. It looks pretty bad :-( But the quilting turned out so pretty! Love the hearts, leaves and blossoms. You can also be really proud of yourself for loosing all of those pounds!!!!!! How should I recognize you if I ever drive through Frisco ;-)

Lynne said...

Ooo! Nasty! I hope your finger is as good as new (or even better) very soon.

Congratulations on the weight loss.

Toni said...

Ouch is right! Wow, who knew quilting was a contact sport?? The quilt looks great though. I'm sure you'll always remember this one. Congratulations on the weight loss! That is not an easy thing to do!