Followers

Monday, March 31, 2014

March in my rearview....


I can remember hearing "In like a lion out like a lamb" when I was little.  March is a blustery, bi-polar month of winter weather clashing with desires for spring.  Even in my corner of the world - the weather started out icy and is ending in showers.....could both qualify as lions other than the trees and pastures are all turning green and springy.

My month has been full -

In addition to attending the Dallas Quilt Celebration; having all of my boys home for a whole week; attending two musical in the city; teaching a demo at Happiness is Quilting; spending a day with my local guild making our annual mystery quilts; and spending a day with my beloved to celebrate our 27th wedding anniversary;  I quilted 13 quilt...

March 2014 Tops to Treasures

And sent and received the most wonderful pin cushions via the Fab Little Pin Cushion Swap (FLiPS) on Flickr.


Little Pink Buggie

I made and sent this little pink VW bug and received....


FLiPS rec'd

this perfectly pieced rainbow wheel of flying geese!




The revised and expanded pattern (More information about making different sized quilts and less information about specifically how to cut it out) is ready for the print shop - I've given it to my local guild, along with the quilt, to raise funds for next years programs.  Raffle tickets for the quilt, and paper patterns go on sale in June.

and "Atlantic Waves" published in McCalls Quilting

Hot dawg. Made and quilted by me. Published in McCall's Quilting, May/June 2014


Hearty Good Wishes

Then came home to roost  - soon to be the resident quilt on my son's bed/my guest room when he goes off to college next fall.

And tomorrow the calender starts anew with the month of April.  I hope yours is wonderful.

4 comments:

Lisa D. said...

I absolutely LOVE that Atlantic Waves quilt and am impatiently waiting to get the magazine! Does it use fat quarters, or larger cuts of fabric?

Lynne said...

Love the pink VW bug. Well done you!

Anonymous said...

Would you divulge what fabrics you used to make Atlantic Waves. It is gorgeous.
Terry B,

Cindy Sharp said...

I believe it was made with Hearty Good Wishes by Janet Clair for Moda. She has since produced several other lines with the same sort of colors!