I spent yesterday at the Dallas Quilt Show with my mom. We had a lovely time.
There were thousands of beautiful quilts to look at.....and I only took one picture. I had to share this giant block with my quilty friends in Blogville.
This is what the maker had to say about it.
I like the idea of one giant block.
If you are in the area the show lasts through 4:00 pm Sunday. The vendor mall seemed to have an abundance of wool and yarn - as well as the sort of things you would expect at a quilt show. Some of my favorite vendors are
- Goodies Unlimited Soaps & Balms
- booth #021
- Mom and I have looked forward to restocking our linen closets with their wonderful soap for years. We especially like the Angels on High scent.
- Happiness is....Quilting
- booths #201 & 202
- Yes, yes these are my friends. Of course it is one of my favorite booths.
- Linda's Electric Quilters
- booths #174 & 175
- These wonderful people sold me my longarm 7 years ago. They are wonderfully helpful and friendly.
- Martelli Enterprises
- booths #156, 157, and 158
- Honestly, at first glance you will say they are over priced, over the top tools worthy of Tim the Toolman. However, once you get past that they produce some the best tools in the industry. I love my cutting mat. You can actually iron on it and it will not warp! I love their fussy cutting system and non-slip tools.
- McCord Works
- booth #235
- This lady's work is unbelievable, and drop dead gorgeous. She makes crocheted jewelry that makes me think of silver mounted spider webs...minus the creepy spiders. It will take your breath away.