Followers

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Summer Happenings

So much has happened since the last time I visited...nothing terribly exciting, or earth shaking...but just when I though the summer was dragging by I looked up and realized that it was flying.
DQS11 has started. This time we've got a shorter turn around and are making more traditional, pieced doll quilts. The are some of the ideas I've had so far.


Fabric choices....

Work in progress...



I made a new quilt for my oldest son...to take a bit of home to college with.

I joined a weight loss program. I was tired of feeling tired and yucky and thought it couldn't make me feel worse.... I joined Slim4Life in early June. Since then, I've lost 26 pounds without even the tiniest bit of exercise.
Got new carpet in the boy's rooms. This is a very good thing.
Messed up my right thumb...before the carpet came, but messed it up worse trying to help the boys move furniture. No, I haven't been to the doctor, but haven't ruled that option out. I just hate to spend the money to hear him tell me to do what I'm already doing.
I'm sure there are lots more things that have been going on...but it is summer...and has been very hot in Dallas...hotter than normal...too much thinking may cause me to over heat and run straight to a nice cold coke, a treat that is sadly not on the diet.
Hope you are all staying cool!

1 comment:

Martha said...

I'm so glad to hear that you have decided to lose some weight so you feel better. You have to take care of you. I am doing something simliar, I'll catch up with you about the slim4life at guild meeting.

Love the doll quilts!