Followers

Sunday, October 5, 2014

September in my Rearview


What a month it has been.  September was so full that it spilled over into October, at least the need for rest did.

Tops to Treasures quilted a record 21 quilts.

Tops to Treasures September 2014

9 of those included hand finishing, and only one of them was my own.  (That was a birthday pressent for my oldest brother...for his 50th birthday, which he celebrated 6 years ago. Thanks to my Mom for finishing the piecing.)

Sigh...love having my boy home.

I also enjoyed a visit from my Johnny!  The wonderful stinker told everyone he was coming home for the weekend, except me.  He told them and followed it by "But don't tell Mom!"  I have to say it was one of a handful of times in my life when I was actually, and joyously surprised by someone.  I couldn't resist hugging my boy every few minutes just to make sure that it was really him.


The many faces of my Noah. Happy Birthday bud!!

I celebrated my Noah's 22nd birthday this month as well.  I have no idea how he got so old, but I am delighted by his friendship.  I can't wait to see what the years have in store for him.

And I got to see my quilts, 5 that I can see in the photo, displayed in the Moda Bake Shop booth at the AQS show.

5 of my quilts playing at the AQS show with Moda Bake Shop

I finished off the month with a well deserved three days off, at a quilting retreat with my Mum, and other quilty friends.  Thanks to the fine folks at Sunset Retreats for having us.

5 comments:

Carla said...

Holy Smokes. You must be doing this in your sleep!

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

I've been AWOL from blog surfing so it was great to see a roundup of your September! Some lovely stuff!

Craftycreate said...

Wow what a lot of lovely quilts fab fab amazing :)

Helen said...

You have had a busy month Cindy! My baby is about to turn 10 and that is freaking me out, can only imagine what its like when they turn 22!

Lynne said...

Five quilts on display in the booth? How exciting!

My DD surprised her dad with a visit in August. She has newly started wearing glasses for night driving and he didn't recognise her at first! LOL

And here I am, I made it from March to October. It helps, I guess, that the weather outside is over 100*F -- we are all sitting in the air-conditioning in mum's living room reading, they have books, I have blogs on an iPad!